Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas?? 2018??? Where is the time going?





So this is a short one, but this week was awesome! Last monday I got to talk with my amazing family, and I am so grateful for them in my life. It only made me homesick for a minute and then we got back to work=)







Christmas Eve is when all the people in Bolivia celebrate Christmas. We went caroling at a hospital, and a children's home and it was AMAZING. My favorite part of this Christmas was NOT getting presents. Seriously it helped me see the real meaning of Christmas and gave me the opportunity to serve others=) 
{her Christmas package did NOT arrive, and as far as I know, is still not there... hope someone liked the duplicate mini Sister Missionary stockings, candy, Cochabamba Mission necklaces, guitar music CD's, and candy canes.  Merry Christmas, Mr. Postworker!!}



Christmas night we talked with a new investigator named Franklin. He has listened to the missionaries before, but was just really scared to make promises he feels like he can't keep. We talked to him with the Elders, and by the end of the night he was just asking what he had to do to be baptized. There was a change in the light in his eyes. He is so ready and I am excited to see where he goes.

Then at the end of the week we saw some miracles in contacting. We were late to an appointment one night and we ran into this guy that we had talked to before. He had listened to the missionaries in Chile and even had a baptismal date, but didn't feel ready... so he told us he wants to take the lessons again and get baptized here in Bolivia! Then because we were talking to him, we ran into another girl on the street who said that she had talked with the missionaries before but she lost contact with them and wanted to come closer to God again. So we have appointments with them this week and I am just so grateful to God because I know He is watching over us and blessing us=)



My area here is awesome my comp is awesome and time is going WAY too fast. 

Love you all! Hope you have a great rest of Break!

Fun Facts:
-Here there is a lake called Lake Titicaca and there is a myth that there is a city of gold at the bottom, but every time someone goes down to take the gold, they disappear or die. It is impossible to reach the gold because there seems to be something guarding it! They say it might be mermaids.


{best part of Christmas BY FAR}

-- Don't count the days, make the days count!
~Hermana Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment